[OM] Re: TOPE 33: theme closure coming up, and TOPE 34 shooting season o

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 33: theme closure coming up, and TOPE 34 shooting season op...
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:19:34 -0500
I was under the impression that you can't get to Big Bend from
anywhere. <g> I used to drive down from western North Carolina.
Stopped in College Station and Austin to join with friends, then on
to Big Bend. I was in my non-photo days then, but I'd like to go back
with full kit just to take pictures.

El Despoblado, where the Great Spirit stood to make the world, and
when it was done he cast the remainders at his feet. Thus was the Big
Bend created. Also said to be "Where the rainbow waits from the
rain." After one of my trips I wrote a newspaper column about going
to Big Bend, and the next day got a phone call from a fellow who had
retired to western NC. Turned out he was the first official park
ranger at Big Bend. They used to call him the Lone Ranger. We had a
nice chat.

I think me and my trusty D3 would like it down there.  A Zone-10
outing might be a nice thing!

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com