[OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: New backpack on the way
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 00:37:29 +0100
A couple of months ago I bought a LowePro Primus AW, which has back access
to two compartments. The pack is designed as a backcountry pack; the upper
compartment can take personal gear, and the lower padded compartment can
take a pro DSLR with 70-200/2.8 lens attached, and a couple more lenses. An
extra side access zipper enables one to take out the DSLR and lens without
taking the pack off, so that it is possible to take very fast shots of
wildlife, etc. There is also an extra large open pocket on the back of
the pack that can hold extra clothes, snow shovel, or what have you. I used
the pack for crosscountry skiing day trips with great success in February.

A description of the pack, including a good video, can be found at
http://products.lowepro.com/product/Primus%20AW,1995.htm#

There is a good review at
http://www.iseepeople.co.uk/firemonkey/blog/?page_id=200

Roger Key