[OM] Re: FYI - E-420

Subject: [OM] Re: FYI - E-420
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 09:05:17 -0500
Actually, it's supposed to be quite the opposite.  The entire 4/3 design
principle is supposed to be an accommodation of the design needs of wide
angle optics on digital sensors through the optical concept called
telecentricity or, in practice, "near telecentricty" since the formal
definition of telecentricty isn't actually met.
See this page for an explanation:
<http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/dslr_7045.htm>

I think owners of the 7-14 would attest that the principle seems to work
quite well.  On the other hand, competing manufacturers seem to be doing
quite well with a micro-lens solution.

Chuck Norcutt