[OM] Re: FYI - E-420

Subject: [OM] Re: FYI - E-420
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:55:32 -0300
2008/3/5, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>  From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
> > 2008/3/5, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>  >> ...many OM Zuikos
>  >>  performed very well edge to edge on the 4/3 including the 16/3.5
>  >> fisheye.
>  >
>  > Yes, but then they are not really the wide angulars they are in their
>  > original system, nor are they weather sealed or autofocus as digitals
>  > should be.
>
> I don't think so, what important is coverage and focal length, a 16mm is a
>  16mm, it is a 32mm in 4/3, still a wide angle.

But not *such* a wide angle.

> Olympus can make such a small
>  25/2.8, that means AF is not the point for heavy and large.

No, but it is not as fast.  And AF and sealing help add weight and size.

>  > I am just being empirical.  I would be pleased to be contradicted
>  > empirically or technically, but so far nothing has came forth!
>
> If your theory is right, my 5050's F1.8 lens must be very big, it's sensor
>  is samller than 4/3 and started at 7.1mm!

Not at all, you misunderstood me.  How much is this 7,1mm equivalent
in 24×36mm?  As you said, 7,1 is 7,1.

--
skype:leandro.gfc.dutra?chat              Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 3040 7300 r155                 gTalk: xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx