[OM] Re: Return of my 12-60 from repair

Subject: [OM] Re: Return of my 12-60 from repair
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:30:39 -0000
Well, I think I have now seen it all on this list, Chris, with a mention of
Po'n - where that is not an apostrophe, but an indication of a glottal
(glo'l) stop.

For those who need local orientation, the Monty Python sketch with mention
of the "mad woman of Biggleswade" comes to mind.  Potton is maybe five miles
from Biggleswade (yes, there *is* such a place), and by comparison,
Biggleswade is a veritable metropolis (albeit one that early in the year can
be shrouded in a veil of the delectable aroma of rotting brussels sprouts
from the surrounding market gardens).

Am I dewy-eyed from the feeling of nostalgia, or is the hydrogen sulphide
taking effect?

--
Piers