[OM] Re: Professional Associations

Subject: [OM] Re: Professional Associations
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:09:43 -0500
This is a reasonably safe assumption, as I'd rather watch my children
be carried off by Vikings than shoot a wedding. Not meaning any
disrespect to wedding photographers, for whom I have a great deal of
respect. But having been through a wedding once (my own) and having
been the guest at a couple of weddings where, ah, -zilla was an
appropriate suffix for bride, I know I am not ready.

My people skills are better than they used to be, but I fear I have
not progressed far enough to tackle a wedding. Having been abused by
a number f noncommissioned officers in the military, I'm sure some
unsuspecting but criminally rude a bride or mother-of-the-bride would
wind up with an additional and unexpected fashion accessory after
voicing displeasure at my efforts. I'm just guessing here, but I
don't see a Nikon D3 upside the head as a desired accouterment on
that most special of days.

--Bob Whitmire
"www.bwp33.com