[OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED

Subject: [OM] Re: Test shots of Nikkor AIS 180mm F2.8 ED
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 00:38:45 +0800
Yes, there is CA with this lens but there is no obvious CA in all similar
portraits I took and they are all at f2.8 and f4. I believe white shirt
under direct sunlight may be a problem but it seldom happen to me. Here is a
sample, the girl with light color clothes, direct sunlight (side light),
there is no visible CA.

http://www.accura.com.hk/180-T/180-06.jpg 3.3MB shot at F4.

The first time I heard about CA with this lens was a list member talking
about the snow mount shoot he took. Although I seldom use this lens for
landscape but stopping down to F8 or F11 will solve the problem and you will
love the details it provides.

In my test the CA with OM 180 is visible with strong sunlight reflection on
water, this normally does not applied to the portraits I shot and I won't
mind this happen to the background of my images :-)

C.H.Ling