[OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:55:01 -0800
I have heard people say things like that before and it does not make
any sense to me. A lens has no power to increase the saturation of
colors, just to transfer the existing light and bring it to focus with
varying degrees of accuracy. If a lens is providing less saturation
than another it is due to flaws of execution and design and is less
accurate. But perhaps you are preferring less accuracy for artistic
reasons which is another issue.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA