[OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:15:30 -0700
It was not my intent to say that lenses do not have difference
performance with color saturation or contrast, just that the fault is
with the lens with the lower saturation result rather than the one
with the higher saturation result. I was arguing from the idea of
which was technically better. If the combination of coatings, glass
and lens design scatters more light into the shadows to reduce
contrast or dilutes the saturation of the colors it is not really a
better lens. As I mentioned before, taste is a different issue. You
may prefer that lens. Photographers have often developed preferences
for lens characteristics that give them the images they like
regardless of accuracy.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA