[OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Another experience with Nikkor mid-tele zoom lens
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:01:18 -0700
It seems to me that much of what a lens does is subtractive, whether
glass transmission, filter or whatever,  which is why it is difficult
to understand statements that seem to indicate that a particular
amplifies color or contrast over the scene that is being photographed.
Of course there are differences between lenses, but it is hard for me
to see high contrast as a fault rather than a bit closer to a perfect
lens design. Certainly though, your experience has provided me
something to think about.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA