[OM] My Very 1st Wedding

Subject: [OM] My Very 1st Wedding
From: Jerry <om1md@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:59:34 -0700
Hi Everyone,

Hi, my name is Jerry and I'm going to be shooting my youngest son's
wedding in July. This is going to be my very first wedding and I'm a
little nervous about it. I'm seeking some advice, tips, suggestions,
etc. First of all, this is not going to be a high cost wedding. The
wedding is going to be in southern California, on a grassy ledge
overlooking the beach, under a gazebo, sometime during the afternoon.
Attendance has to be limited due to restrictions by the land owners. I
suspect the head count to be between 50 and 75.

Now, for equipment I don't own, nor can I afford to buy a DSLR. I still
live in the Dark Ages. Cameras I have that I could use: 1) OM1n, 2)
Nikon FG, 3) Pentax KX/KM, 4) Olympus XA2, and for a digital P&S, a
Kodak DX6340. I know this is funny, but please don't laugh; at least not
so loud that I can hear you. :)

For flash, I have a Metz 45-CL4, and a Vivitar 283.

For lenses I have: for the OM1n I have a 50, a 35-105 and a 75-150
lenses. For the FG I have a 70 - 210 plus a 50. For the Pentax I only
have 50mm lenses. Between now and the wedding I could, if need be, buy a
lens or two.

My first inclination is to use the OM1n, with Winder 2, and the Zuiko 35
- 105 lens, with the Metz 45 flash for the outdoor shooting. With this
setup and ASA 200 film, I can still reach out to 35 to 40 feet, which I
*think* will be far enough. After the wedding, there will be a dinner
indoors at a nearby restaurant. Will the 35-105, at 35mm, be suitable
indoors, or should I get something wider? I will probably also use the
Kodak for some of the indoor shots. For a cheap P&S, it takes very good
photos. Is there any other low cost equipment that I absolutely must
have?

I do have a motor drive for the FG, but the only flash I can use with it
is a Nikon SB-15. Not enough power, I'm afraid.

So, there you have it. My mediocre equipment list and the task at hand.
Please recommend a film to use, color and/or black & white. I will most
likely be sending the film out to some lab (recommendations?) that can
also produce CDs. Also, please advise as to what shots to be sure and
not miss. So please advise away, I really want to get some good photos
for these kids.

Thanks,
Jerry