[OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:42:33 -0400
I know I'm going to get in trouble for this, but . . .

Esteemed Wife and I have been married 35 years as of the last day of
this month. I hope we can go another 35, but that's just wishful
thinking. Every year the marriage just gets deeper and richer and
more fulfilling. Right now, if you put a gun to her head and told me
to produce our wedding photos, I couldn't do it. Not one of them.
They've not been seen for years. Oh, they're not gone, just buried
somewhere, and very likely the emulsion has cemented them together so
that only a few will be viewable if and when we find them. (And we're
not looking.)

Could be Number One Son will stumble across them after we're gone and
get a good laugh at the sight of his father's hair sticking out wider
than his tuxedoed shoulders. He might even be forced to acknowledge
that Mom weren't bad. Weren't bad atall. <g>

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy seeing them again, but in much the
same way I enjoy looking at old pictures in museums. We've gone
through so many physical and spiritual transformations between then
and now it would be like looking at pictures of people we vaguely
recall knowing a long time ago (except we wouldn't have to wonder
what happened to them).

Speaking only for myself here. I don't know how others and their
spouses feel, but I'd say get someone reasonably competent with a
camera and hope for the best. Enjoy the wedding. The experience is
what matters, and this is one the father of the bride ought not enjoy
through a viewfinder.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com