[OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 14:55:50 +0100
Le mercredi 12 Mars 2008 13:42, Bob Whitmire a écrit :
> I know I'm going to get in trouble for this, but . . .
>
> [...] Right now, if you put a gun to her head and told me
> to produce our wedding photos, I couldn't do it. Not one of them.
> They've not been seen for years. Oh, they're not gone, just buried
> somewhere, and very likely the emulsion has cemented them together so
> that only a few will be viewable if and when we find them. (And we're
> not looking.)[...]
> I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy seeing them again, but in much the
> same way I enjoy looking at old pictures in museums. We've gone
> through so many physical and spiritual transformations between then
> and now it would be like looking at pictures of people we vaguely
> recall knowing a long time ago (except we wouldn't have to wonder
> what happened to them).[...]

I've story exactly opposite to tell. For some reasons nobody really knows or
remembers, my fiancée's parents didn't have any of their wedding pictures,
and couldn't remember having seen them even at the time. But they moved and
in the process stumbled upon the b&w film negatives.

So my fiancee sneaked the negs out to me, and I processed a complete album we
offered them for their 30 years anniversary. Great gift.

--
Manuel Viet