[OM] Re: Scored a cover!

Subject: [OM] Re: Scored a cover!
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:54:42 -0500
 don't know much about CMYK stuffs, you may have to
>>> match
>>> with their printing machine profile.

Most of my work is for offset printing, so I know a little. If a printer
tells you he has profiled his four color press, he's either at the highest
level, or just a fool. There are far too many variables, such as control of
ink flow over a narrow band of the piece. It's possible, and I've heard of
it being done, but I can't imagine that they can control things from
beginning to end of run to matter much.  It makes color film processing look
like child's play.

My printer has suggested that I can avoid the flaws of color space changes
in the process buy embedding all my files as photoshop .eps files. I do
this, and it seems to work.

Bill Pearce