[OM] Re: Oh s#%t, what do I do now? Olympus Master question

Subject: [OM] Re: Oh s#%t, what do I do now? Olympus Master question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:19:26 -0400
I'm not really sure what you're trying to do but it sounds kinda like
what I do with DownLoader Pro and BreezeBrowser Pro from Breeze Systems
<http://www.breezesys.com/products.htm>  I'm sure there is a free analog
to DownLoader Pro somewhere and Fast Stone which Moose uses (and which I
have given to my kids) <http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm> is
a near clone of BreezeBrowser.

I use DownLoader Pro to download images from the CF card to a folder
that it creates on the fly according to a name you provide.  There are
about 500 other things you can do with the product also mostly revolving
around renaming images on the fly but my usage is simple.  After they're
downloaded I use BreezeBrowser to browse and compare the image files and
transfer images to one or two editors of your choice.  In that sense
it's similar to Adobe Bridge (which I have) but I prefer BreezeBrowser.
  I also have FastStone since I had to review it before deciding it was
useful for my kids but I don't use it myself.  It's very close to
BreezeBrowser and even has a few extra features but I still prefer
BreezeBrowser... and it helps that I paid for it long ago.  Although I
use Adobe Camera Raw to convert raw images now both BreezeBrowser and
FastStone will convert Canon and Minolta files.  I don't know whether
they do Oly raw files.

Anyhow, that's a couple of leads to improve your disposition and workflow.

Chuck Norcutt