[OM] Re: Scored a cover!

Subject: [OM] Re: Scored a cover!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:43:11 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Ah, yes.  That reminds me that is the reason we have sRGB for web images...
> just so profiles don't have to be attached to every image.

And yet... Much as some Apple software annoys me*... The Safari model it
better. If there is no attached profile, or an unrecognized profile,
treat the image as sRGB, otherwise use the profile to render the image.

IE and FireFox would do well to emulate that functionality. It can't be
that hard.

Moose

* Not just the first time it's installed, but with EVERY SINGLE update,
QuickTime installs both a desktop icon and an icon in the little area in
the bottom left, the name of which escapes me (toolbar?). I have NEVER
had occasion to start QT from an icon. When needed to display a file, it
is started by the browser or OS. I imagine this is the case for most
people. I don't want my screen cluttered with icons I never use.

Since my last kid left, I bought a new computer. With no iTunes
strutting around, acting like it's the only reason for the computer to
exist. A little blessing every day.