[OM] Re: check out this posting: Olympus OM 24 - 40 zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: check out this posting: Olympus OM 24 - 40 zoom
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:01:07 -0700
Leandro DUTRA wrote:
> 2008/3/18, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>  I think you can get something equivalent by reducing the size of the image
>> by 50 percent.
>>
> Didn't quite understand it — I mean with current technology a 6 MPx compact
> camera should give decent processing times and high sensibility (low light)
> performance.  But everyone is going 8MPx.

I too have bemoaned the fact that modest MP digicams seem as a result of
marketing pressures to have gone the way of the dodo.

However, I also did some research and testing by down sampling some of
those high MP images to the size of their predecessors.

I think the results will surprise you.
<http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=168&Itemid=1>

Bemoaning the past may blind one to the present.

Moose