[OM] Re: OM Zuiko MC 24-40mm f4

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko MC 24-40mm f4
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:14:17 -0700
Paul Yates wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to the list, but a Zuiko lover all the same.
>
> I've just purchased this lens, which seems to be incredibly rare. I
> cannot find any info at all about it on the internet (all the Oly/Zuiko
> sites, the Lens Collector's Vade Mecum, etc.) and nobody across several
> forums has any clue about it.
>
> Anyone have any info about it or know how I might go about researching
> the history of this lens?

Congratulations and welcome to the list. We've already had some
discussion in the last day or so about your new lens, from the FM post.

The closest thing to information, as opposed to pure speculation, was a
post by Mark Dapoz, our Canadian collector and tech expert.

"A few of them have surfaced over the years, mostly in Asia. Some people
claim they're prototypes but I think it was just a very small production
run for the Asian market. Too many of these "prototypes" have shown up,
which makes me believe that they were actually sold at some time."

Moose