[OM] Re: D300 + ZF

Subject: [OM] Re: D300 + ZF
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:56:09 -0700
Wayne Harridge wrote:
> I agree with the conclusion Moose, but this is a ZF (Zeiss Nikon F mount) not
> a Z (Zuiko)
Ah So, or should I say Jawohl?
>  or ZD (Zuiko Digital).
I know it couldn't be that, no fit.
> It's a bit hard to tell without doing a side-by-side comparison but I'd say
> the ZD 50/2 is every bit as sharp and with better bokeh.
I've seen some about equally edgy bokeh with it too.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/GeeBee/07280.htm>
> The bokeh of the ZF is much better than the Zuiko 50/3.5 though.

A heart breaker. I've gotten bokeh with the 50/3.5 that is the visual
equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard.

As a macro lens for copy work or with no back ground very far from the
plane of focus, superb.

Moose