[OM] Re: alaTest 99% rating for E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: alaTest 99% rating for E-510
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:56:55 -0400
You might not be so impressed if you understand the rating system which
I think is pretty bizarre.  The problem is that it doesn't directly rate
the product for its intended function but its relative standing amongst
other products in that same "class"... whatever that is.  You end up
with some serious anomalies such as the Canon Digital Rebel 400D ranking
above every single Canon professional level DSLR.  I think it says that
thousands of point & shoot users who have just moved up to the 400D are
very happy.  Hundreds of pro shooters have a more realistic view of
their cameras.

Chuck Norcutt