[OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...

Subject: [OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:03:42 -0500

> Sounds like Oly may be trying to enforce a minimum order quantity on the
> dealers.  Sounds like an unwise move when you're low man on the totem
> pole.   I have always been amazed that
> in the greater metropolitan Boston area of some 4.4 million people there
> was no place I could find to actually see an E-1.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> This is on balance what I was  bemoaning a couple weeks ago.  No shops in
> the greater metropolitan Seattle are that I'm aware of carry Oly digital
> SLR stock any longer.  I think we're talking a similar population base...
> it's insane and alarming to me.

My local dealer is looking at another SLR line, to pair mainly with Canon
and Nikon. The supply of Nikons is unreliable, since his store isn't Best
Buy, so he needs fill-in. Sony is getting serious consideration. I asked
about alternatives, and he said that Pentax feels too cheap and nobody knows
what Olympus is. As the supply of Nikons is improving, it all may be moot.