[OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...

Subject: [OM] Re: Not-so positive DZ news...
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:03:34 -0400
The new zooms have been going through teething pains because they are
the first to be produced in a brand new factory, suppliers not supplying
what was promised, and being built at too fast a pace due to
overwhelming demand. This, of course, is being corrected, and is not
acceptable to Pentax.

The zooms at PMA were mock-ups, so any opinion based on that is useless.

Even so, hands-on judgement creeps in here in such non paid-off sites as
Photozones:

 "The 50-135mm is a member of the professional grade DA* family and the
build quality is on an accordingly high level thanks to quality
materials and weather-sealing."

Or the cheap kit zooms:

"Despite the very low price tag the build quality of the lens is
surprisingly decent. Naturally the outer construction is still based on
lots of plastics but its quality is quite fine with relatively tight gap
tolerances and there's even a metal mount."

Your comment is the absolute first I've heard that they "look ugly",
but, again, that's that beholder thing again.