[OM] Re: Geeks and nerds (That can't be OT in this crowd.)

Subject: [OM] Re: Geeks and nerds (That can't be OT in this crowd.)
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:02:08 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Piers,

> Hey, I remember the Rainbow, isn't that the PC-clone that needs floppies
> with a holde punched in them?  It's salutary to think that they are nearing
> 25 years old.

Works fine with the old 360K floppies, just single sided and formatted to
720K :-)

>From 1982 and still working well, long ago upgraded to 80M HD, 960M
RAM, Color Graphics card and an NEC V20 with an 8087 and onboard
backup clock.

They sure dont build them like that anymore but then modern PC's are
also a lot cheaper.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

Making good decisions comes from experience; experience comes from bad
decisions.  -- Unknown