[OM] Re: OT-canon 9000 troubles

Subject: [OM] Re: OT-canon 9000 troubles
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 07:24:38 -0700 (PDT)
Several other possibilities:

1. The Magenta cartridge isn't seated properly. If there is a slight
gap or even a hair stuck in the ink connection it will drain out all
over the inside of the cartridge tray.

2. The head is busted. This would happen if it snagged on an edge the
paper and tore a hole in the array of jets.  I had this happen to
mine, but even that didn't cause too much grief.

3. This is the most likely scenario.  The cartridge has a vent hole
over the cotton side. This MUST be open. If it is clogged or unopened
the ink will drain right out. And it will drain out while the head is
parked in the sleep position, which is right over a sponge on the
right side.

4. Cracked head assembly. This happened to me too. There was a crack
between two of the colors and they would seek their own level.  So,
in my case, a cyan and the yellow kinda mixed together. If I put a
new yellow in, the level would drop right away, but my cyan suddenly
had more!

I'd personally put money on the cartridge vent hole. When in doubt,
drill another one on that side.

Wait till you start battling issues with the head binding and you
getting the three flashes of death.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs