[OM] Re: New Book

Subject: [OM] Re: New Book
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:59:43 +0100
I think I know why this particular charity, Chuck.

Over on the Leica Users Group, where Graham and I also hang out, a
yearbook is published via Blurb every year. The primus motor behind
that project is Jim Shulman who lives in Philly. The rules are
simple: each member of the LUG can submit 2 images taken during the
year in question, and Jim puts the book together and takes care of
the Blurb bit. He also sets the price, which involves a modest markup
of a couple of dollars per book. The profit is donated to Project
H.O.M.E., a worthwhile endeavour in Jim's local community.

I suspect Graham chose this same charity because it is known to him,
and we trust it.

Nathan

On 21-mrt-2008, at 18:45, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Philadelphia?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> geebee wrote:
>> I have put together a small book of photographs from
>> Northamptonshire. Project H.O.M.E. (an organisation to help the
>> homeless in
>> Philadelphia) will receive any and all profit generated. I will
>> periodically make public details of any sales. I will take nothing
>> from the sales of the book except for the feelgood factor from
>> trying to help someone.
>>
>> You too can tap into that feelgood factor by buying a copy and you
>> may also like the photographs :-)
>>
>> A preview (soon) and details can be seen here:
>> http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/
>> 116108/0504c402720fa51c70e3093bab0a1d84
>>
>> or:
>> http://tinyurl.com/2baarj