[OM] [OT] Olympus Digital TTL Flash?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Olympus Digital TTL Flash?
From: Curt & Sally Hedman <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:20:34 -0500
Do the Olympus DSLRs provide true TTL flash metering, or do they
resort to a pre-flash system like N*k*n's iTTL, C*n*n's E-TTL, and
P*nt*x's P-TTL? I believe that early P*nt*x DSLRs used true TTL flash
exposure control, but the current lines have gone to the pre-flash
technique... as I understand it, the problem with true TTL flash
metering with digital SLRs is the specular reflectivity of the imager
and it's protective filters, or so say the pre-flash proponents. Just
curious what position Olympus has taken, particularly in the E-3.
I've browsed the E-3 manual and find no mention of anything except
good old TTL flash metering, but I figure the gurus on this list are
"in the know"!  Thanks!

Curt