[OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Digital TTL Flash?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Olympus Digital TTL Flash?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 22:20:20 -0700
I don't know about flash in general, but I know the pre-flash with
Nikon equipment is not performing the same task as TTL metering. It is
being used to balance flash output with ambient light. It is measuring
the light twice, once before the pre-flash and once during, then
making a flash output calculation to balance the two. It works pretty
well in my opinion, but I am an idiot when it comes to flash.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA