[OM] Re: radio controlled flash with E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: radio controlled flash with E-510
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:01:00 -0700
After searching around, I think you might be right. I found many
references to FCC approval for the Nikon WiFi transmitters but no
similar mention for the Speedlights.

The Speedlight system can have at least 4 different zones but that
could still be handled by encoding an optical link. I probably assumed
that since they had both the WiFi link and the multiple zone
flash(similar to Quantum) that the flash were also RF. Appears to be a
bad assumption.

Thanks for pointing out what you saw. That made me look back at an old
assumption.

-jeff