[OM] Re: Netherlands advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Netherlands advice
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:46:14 +0000
Oh, that brings back memories, Bart!

I used to use the range on Vliehors next to Texel -- in Jaguars and
Tornados based in Germany at Brüggen and Laarbruch.  As we came off a
bombing run we would turn left onto southeast to avoid overflying
Texel.  It was quite difficult sometimes as the visibility was often
quite poor.

But I've just had a look at Vliehors with Google Earth and I can't see
the range's targets or control towers.  It looks as if "Cornfield", as
it was called, is no longer.

http://members.home.nl/area36/milnl/vlie.htm

I'm sure that a visit to Texel would be a tranquil experience,
Donald ...

Chris