[OM] Adobe takes the hit

Subject: [OM] Adobe takes the hit
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:30:44 -0400
Saw this over on DeePee. Seems Adobe's been hearing about the fine
print.

"Statement for Terms of Service Issues:
We've heard your concerns about the terms of service for Photoshop
Express beta. We reviewed the terms in context of your comments - and
we agree that it currently implies things we would never do with the
content. Therefore, our legal team is making it a priority to post
revised terms that are more appropriate for Photoshop Express users.
We will alert you once we have posted new terms.

Thank you for your feedback on Photoshop Express beta and we
appreciate your input.

-Adobe Photoshop Express Team"

You gotta wonder, though, why they didn't just hit the delete key on
that paragraph. "Legal team is making it a priority" and "terms more
appropriate for Photoshop Express users" smack of Newspeak. Do you
think they're going to take a stab at rephrasing in such a way that
they think we won't figure out they own the content?

Not that anything coming out of corporate HQs these days doesn't
smack of Newspeak. Or governments. Everywhere except here. No wonder
I like this place.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com