[OM] Re: Tripod tribulations

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod tribulations
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:35:54 -0700
Jay,
I see what you mean know. I can see where a bit more extension would be nice
to have. Also, that short column could come in handy when you want it in the
horizontal position, but not extended very far. That way you don't have all
that extra column sticking out getting in your way. Although, to be
practical, you'd need to have a separate head mounted on each column. I'm
planning on buying a new head soon, so I may just pick up one of these short
columns too, for just in case.

To be clear that was $100 for the legs only, no head included. But to answer
your question, yes I believe I would. If memory serves, B&H was asking about
$170 for the legs only, so still a pretty good value. Unfortunately, the
3021 Pro seems to have been discontinued. So, that would leave you with only
the carbon fiber version at $312, which is only about 1lb. lighter and 2
lbs. more load capacity. Almost double the price for not that much benefit.
Not my idea of a great cost/benefit trade off!

Darin