[OM] (OT) Copper canyon

Subject: [OM] (OT) Copper canyon
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:43:30 +0100
Has anyone travelled by train through the Copper Canyon in Mexico
?  I will be working in Chihuahua for a week and have two days at the
start of my visit to go by rail from Chihuahua part way to the coast and back.

It seem that on the first class train, passengers have to gather in
the vestibules between carriages to get shots without windows in the
way.  However, I have seen advertisements for a private car that is
added to some trains and has a large open space ideal for photography.

If any one has any knowledge or suggestions about this trip,
including where to be when for the best pictures, I would be grateful.

I would also appreciate any advice on hotels in Chihuahua.  Are there
any luxury hotels there ?  Whenever I search using Google, I seem to
end up with the Holiday Inn Express.

Mike Bloor