[OM] Re: medium format film scanners

Subject: [OM] Re: medium format film scanners
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:56:38 -0400
Tell me about it. I regularly have files that end up larger than 2GBeach
after adding layers in Photoshop. I keep my files 16 bit all the way
through, and I save the layered files as well as a flattened version. I save
the flattened one so I have a reasonably small, easy to open file for when I
need to make a print, and I keep the layered file in case I decide to make
changes. Hard drives fill fast, but they're reasonably inexpensive now, so I
don't sweat it. My old Mac G4 still handles them well and doesn't slow down.
The only slow thing about working with a 2 or 3 GB layered file on my old
Mac is opening and saving....and I suspect the hard drive itself is the
bottleneck there, not the computer.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design