[OM] Re: Olympus e-510 question

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus e-510 question
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:47:01 -0600
Hi Bill,

I would suspect that he had IS turned on the first few times he powered
his 510 on and off.
I have the E300, E330, and E510, and I cannot hear the sensor cleaning
on any of those cameras. And I've never seen the dogs, cats, or kids
look crosswise at the camera as it's powering off or on, so I don't
think there's even a high pitched sound.

However; with the 510, when IS is left turned on when the camera body is
powered off, there will be the slight vibration/grinding/buzzing sound
twice and you can and do feel the vibration.

I imagine his 510 is working as it should be, if he plays around with
having IS off and on while powering the camera on and off I bet he'll
hear the sound he was talking about earlier.

Candace