[OM] Re: MF film scanners and home printers

Subject: [OM] Re: MF film scanners and home printers
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 20:51:41 -0400
I use an old epson 2200 that I bought new years ago to print my Nikon 8000
scans. Its a fine printer, and so I think I'd go for its modern replacements
if I needed to replace it....those being the Epson R1800 and 2400. Both are,
like my old 2200, 13x19 printers so they'd do the print size you want. The
1800 is said to be a little better for color work than the 2400, but the
2400 is said to be a lot better for black and white and nearly as good for
color compared to the 1800. The big thing is price; the 1800 is $550, the
2400 is $800. If I had the $$$ for a new printer I'd get the 2400 just
because I do a lot of black and white work.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design