[OM] Re: MF film scanners and home printers

Subject: [OM] Re: MF film scanners and home printers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:02:53 -0400
I think you'll be hard pressed to beat the HP9180 in the size range
you're after... tabloid, up to 13x19".
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/HP%20B9180/page-1.htm>
with comparative reviews to be found here:
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/printers/Pigs/page_1.html> with a "top
10" recommendations list to be found at the end of that article.
The HP9180 also happens to be on sale at B&H for $630 down from $700.

If you're only going to print up to 11x16, even if you're using smaller
MF 645 film you will only need to scan at 1800-2000 ppi to produce 300
ppi prints.  That's not stretching the capability of the scanner by much
at all.  Should be an easy job even for the flatbed.

Chuck Norcutt