[OM] Re: possibly offline

Subject: [OM] Re: possibly offline
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:20:59 -0400
In layman's terms
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/03/31/AR2008033101354.html>
of this study
<http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/NEJMoa0801441>

Basically says stents work well but may have to be redone if they clog
up again.  (been there)  Drug eluting stents generally work better but
have a risk of blood clotting.  (been there too, fortunately without the
clot).  I would risk multiple stents and repeats before doing bypass.
(been there too)

There is also recent data that questions whether stents (other than in
critical, crisis cases) work any better than fairly conventional drug
therapy.  Watch out for those guys with hammers when you're the nail.

Chuck Norcutt