[OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:22:41 -0700
Walters, Martin wrote:
> Moose:
> I'm up here is the Great White North, where we still have a couple of
> feet of snow on the ground....

Oops, got you mixed up with another Martyn, I guess. :-)

Spring has been full flower here for weeks. Sorry about that. :-(
> I had forgotten about the 4 with 4T circuits. Something to think about.Is the
> lack of FP flash the only mechanical/electronic difference?
According to the eSIF:

"The OM-4Ti is an improved version of the original OM-4. The titanium
top and bottom plate make the camera stronger and the electronics have
been improved to reduce the battery drain that was clearly too high in
the OM-4. Support for the F280 flash, that was introduced at the same
time as the OM-707 adds flash synchronisation at all available shutter
speeds for easier daylight fill-flash."

I suppose titanium plates is cool and all, but they are painted and look
hardly different than brass. The special finish on the OM-3Ti is really
different and very nice. Too bad it's on a camera I don't otherwise want.

Moose