[OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2N vs OM4T(i) - Relative reliability/repairability
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:55:27 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I'd forgotten about the light limiting doors.  Somewhere I have a largish GE
> meter handed down from my father-in-law (probably 50's vintage) that (I
> think) has a little metal flap with a window that folds over the sensor for
> the high range.

The PR-2 anual is dated 1956, so the PR-1 has to be older. Both have
such a flap, but it is behind the protective window and operated
remotely by the big dial. I have the incident attachment for the PR-1,
which slips over the end and fits in the case while on.

The design is really slicker and more convenient to use than the Westons.

Moose