[OM] Re: Legend: was Printers R1900 or B9180

Subject: [OM] Re: Legend: was Printers R1900 or B9180
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 14:34:47 -0700
Not sure how that happened. Sent inadvertently.

I do like some imaginative fiction, desolate or not, if thoughtfully
done. An early favorite in the end of the world genre was The Sheep
Look Up by John Brunner. It still seems like the best take on things.
Overpopulation, accidental poisoning of vast numbers with inadequately
monitored manufactured food, and active eco-terrorist groups.

Hard to swallow a story that verge into the supernatural though,
unless it is all tongue in cheek like An American Werewolf in London.

Hated Chicken Run. Cute animation in the service of a really boring
story. Sorry.  I don't think I have a high tolerance for animation any
more.

Enjoyed The Children of Men and that is a bit on the dismal side, but
to be fair i would probably enjoy anything Clive Owen starred in.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA