[OM] Upcoming trip to Eastern Europe

Subject: [OM] Upcoming trip to Eastern Europe
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:01:52 -0400
Next month my wife and I will be taking a Danube River cruise that
begins at Tulcea, Romania near the Black Sea and ends at Passau,
Germany. Immediately prior to embarkation we'll spend 3 days in
Bucharest, Romania and then go to Tulcea where we hope to do a day or
part day tour of the Danube Delta.   Has anyone on the list toured
the Delta? Do you recall a tour operator's name you could recommend.
My research leads me to believe that there's no shortage of vessels
for hire in Tulcea; however, we'd really like to go with someone who
is not only reputable and reliable but informative as well.

As for the ship's itinerary that follows, has anyone been to any of
these towns and knows of anything particularly worth seeing? Lots of
cruise tours love to show everyone each town's magnificent cathedral
and ancient town square. Those are OK for a quick photo opportunity,
but we like to seek out the 'hidden' gems and mingle with the locals.

Oltenita/Oltenitza, Romania

Ruse/Russe, Bulgaria

Orsova, Romania

Belgrade, Serbia

Mohacs, Hungary

Budapest, Hungary (We shouldn't have too much trouble finding cool
things to see and do)

Vienna, Austria (Ditto Budapest)

Melk, Austria

Passau, Germany

Prague, Czech Republic-we'll motor there after the cruise and meet up
with a family friend who lives there and will guide us around for 3 days.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Gary