[OM] Re: Long Lens for Yellowstone

Subject: [OM] Re: Long Lens for Yellowstone
From: "Clay Nichols" <Clay.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 08:43:06 -0400
Let's just put it this way, the wildlife in Yellowstone literally blocks
traffic. There is a good chance that a large mammal like a bison is going to
stick his head through your window. But there is also plenty of wildlife off in
the distance. The teleconverters are cheaper and lighter than a new long lens
...unless you are looking for an excuse to buy a new long lens. Don't forget to
pack something in the 28-40 range either. The scenery is breath taking.
Have a great trip. I am jealous.
Clay

>>> Alan <atk@xxxxxxxxxx> 4/9/2008 8:11 AM >>>

I will be visiting yellowstone for the first time. I currently have the
50-200. Question is will that lens be long enough for most wildlife or
do I need to look into something a bit longer.

If I need something a bit longer would I be better off with 1.4x, 2x or
third party lens ?

Thanks
Alan