[OM] Re: Long Lens for Yellowstone

Subject: [OM] Re: Long Lens for Yellowstone
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 22:31:57 -0700
> Timpe, Jim wrote:
>>
>> Except we don't know what body he's shooting.  If it's a 510 or 3,
>> the
>> IS would let him hand hold considerably longer in good light.  I hand
>> held a zuiko 500mm mirror lens on my 510 with acceptable results.
>
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Then the IS is better than I would have guessed.

The Zuiko Reflex 500/8 works great hand-held on the E-3. I am really
impressed with the IS.

The results are not as good as good tripod shots, and might not stand
up to much pixel-peeping, but look great full-screen on my 1920x1200
Apple Cinema 23" display, and printed up to at least 11"x17".

:::: My parents went on a long vacation in their SUV,
::::    and all I got was a year in Iraq.
::::    CORRECTION: 18 months, the last six against my will...
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com