[OM] Re: Paybuddy details

Subject: [OM] Re: Paybuddy details
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:34:37 +1000
Consequently it is incumbent upon us to f*** it up for them to make
sure it does not spread. I mean, can you imagine you local newspaper
insisting that items in their classified ads be paid for only through
their approved bank, in which they have a stake? Monopoly or not,
there would be a shitstorm.
I'm interested in whether it offends restraint of trade legislation -
I'm sure they have found some way to deal with that but they might be
morally vulnerable at least.
Next is the way I can word listings to direct customers elsewhere
without tweaking Paypal's ;'crash your listing' mechanism.
I'm thinking of something on high value listings like -
"All local sales will involve a handling fee of 4% on top of regular
postal and packaging costs...if you wish to avoid this fee, please
contact me directly by email on....before paying or accepting
automatic invoicing."
Then I could offer them personal pick-up or direct bank transfer and
pretend to oboy that it was a pick-up. This way I avoid the use of
terminology like 'bank transfer' or 'non-credit card' which might
trigger their attention.
Any better suggestions gratefully accepted.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx