[OM] XA won't open after refoaming

Subject: [OM] XA won't open after refoaming
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:11:39 -0400
Someone on another (non-Oly) list has re-foamed his XA and now the back
won't open.  My suspicion is that he stuck foam in the latch area which
I suspect doesn't require any foam and that the foam in interfering with
the lifting of the latch by the rewind knob.  I asked him if he did that
and he says he doesn't remember.  I haven't owned an XA in several years
and don't really remember the latch mechanism but I suspect it's very
similar to the OM's and other SLR's which use a light trap design in the
latch area that does not require a foam or other compressible seal.

Assuming that this is what happened any advice on how to get around it?
  If this isn't what happened what else might it be?

Chuck Norcutt