[OM] Re: First Try C41 process B&W film (2)

Subject: [OM] Re: First Try C41 process B&W film (2)
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:27:25 +1000

> I applied contrast adjustment for the photo since the light
> from the sky is quite "flat". It seems the contrast of C41
> process B&W film is real a bit lower than D-76 process B&W film.
>
> http://www.michaelphotography.net/TST_B&W20080407/images/IMG29
25_ZF35.jpg

By default the contrast is probably lower with C-41 process b&w than
"conventional" b&w so the postprocessing is important.  I'm surprised how
hazy this looks even when shot through an orange filter, maybe you need to
try an R25 to give it more punch or forget about the filtration and go for
the hazy look (atmosphere).

...Wayne