[OM] Digital photo management

Subject: [OM] Digital photo management
From: "Rickard Nilsson" <rickard.nilsson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:29:28 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I've been one of those sneaky lurkers here on the
list for quite a while now, but today I thought I
should bring up a subject that might interest one
or two on this list.

How do you folks manage your ever-growing collections
of digital photos? Personally I use a home brew
program for importing all my photos, which renames
them and copies them into DVD-sized directories for
simpler backup. After that, I import them into
LightRoom. I'm kind of happy with that workflow,
other than it could be more automated. My backup
routines are also a bit lacking. However, I'm always
looking for simpler ways of doing things, so if
anyone has experiences or resources to share I'm
all ears :) I have skimmed "The DAM Book", by Peter
Krogh, and I found it quite good. Do people in
general have troubles managing all photos, or is
this a non-issue for some?

  Regards,
    Rickard Nilsson