[OM] 50mm f/1.4 spitscreen examples (was Re: Re: Four questions for you

Subject: [OM] 50mm f/1.4 spitscreen examples (was Re: Re: Four questions for you experts)
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:12:35 -0700
I have used the 50mm f/1.4 with an oBoy split screen (from seller
jinfinance).  That screen is my default since I got it, and I am very
satisfied with it.  You just have to be a bit cautious regarding the
exposure under some conditions, but if you take RAW it is not a really big
issue.

f/1.4: http://thufa.net/shared/P2099030_et.JPG
f/5.6: http://thufa.net/shared/P2099031_et.JPG

I am not at all unhappy with the results.  It is a bit soft wide open, or
rather it looks to me that the DoF is very shallow (those images are totally
unsharpened or processed in any way), but when you stop it down it improves
of course.  I thought I had also taken pictures @2.8, but either I didn't or
they got deleted.

*Now, if anyone recognizes this tree species, I would really appreciate
hearing from you.*