[OM] Re: Digital photo management

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital photo management
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:05:51 -0700
> Subject: [OM] Digital photo management
>
> How do you folks manage your ever-growing collections
> of digital photos?

Apple Aperture rocks. But you can't get it on the "other" computers.

> Do people in
> general have troubles managing all photos, or is
> this a non-issue for some?

With Aperture, it's a non-issue. They've made keywording and ranking
so simple. And I can do about 85% of what I used to use Photoshop for
(global adjustments, cropping, RAW processing, etc.) in Aperture.
Still haven't figured out how to swap heads with it, so I do go into
Photoshop now and then. :-)

Like Photoshop's adjustment layers, Aperture adjustments are non-
destructive. So you can go back and re-do them or easily keep multiple
versions with different adjustments.

:::: This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who
inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government,
they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their
revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it. -- Abraham
Lincoln ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::