[OM] I haven't given up on OM photography

Subject: [OM] I haven't given up on OM photography
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:21:49 +0100
If anyone has noted my absence I thought I would let you know that .I haven't
given up on OM photography and will resume film
photography soon. I have been chasing down, or more accurately, not chasing
down bird shots.

I bought a hide/blind a while back but have thus far not taken a usable shot
from it. The instructions claim, somewhat
optimistically, that it can be out of the back pack and occupied in a few
seconds. It is certainly true that it opens very quickly
courtesy of the four main steel rings that spring into shape as soon as it
escapes the confines of the back pack (decapitation
cannot be ruled out). What the makers don't mention is that it can take up to a
fortnight to get it back into the 18 inch diameter
back pack. Although I have obviously achieved this each time I have used it I
still have no idea how it happened. The first couple
of times I was so amazed how it suddenly gave in and folded neatly that I
foolishly opened it again thinking I had mastered it.
This resulted in another slapstick session to rival Mr Bean.
Panasonic DMC FZ50 : Leica DC Vario Elmarit
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2008/08068.htm

After this particular session and ten minutes into my battle to
reduce it to a size suitable for packing away, moles were surfacing  to see
what the rumpus was all about and laughing it up at my
antics. This one was obviously a huge fan of my slapstick routine:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2008/IRC.htm

--Graham

'Rose of the Shires Book 2' 14.95 / $30.10 at:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/203927

All profit to:
http://www.projecthome.org/